hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: how to reduce hbase-regionserver connection retries to zookeeper
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:05:14 GMT
oc,

sounds correct,  but why would you need to reduce the number of retries?
usually when there is a transient failure in the ZK quorum (e.g. network
partition) you would rely on this setting for the HBase Region Servers to
retry connections to ZK until ZK is one more time available or it runs of
retries. Probably it might be better idea to add more ZK severs (3 in total
ideally) than lower the number of retries or find the root cause why the RS
or the NN went down.

cheers,
esteban.

--