hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Michael.Calvin" <77231...@qq.com>
Subject RE: What's the exact procedure of making a custom filter work?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 09:06:36 GMT
THERE IS NO ABSTRACT METHODS IN FILTERBASE AT VERSION 0.98.
And please read this, if you don't have time to see the source code:

/**
 * Abstract base class to help you implement new Filters.  Common "ignore" or NOOP type
 * methods can go here, helping to reduce boiler plate in an ever-expanding filter
 * library.
 *
 * If you could instantiate FilterBase, it would end up being a "null" filter -
 * that is one that never filters anything.
 */

Dima Spivak <dspivak@...> writes:

> Michael,
>
> FilterBase extends Filter, which has its own abstract methods that need
> implementation in a concrete class. Or am I missing something? :)
>
> -Dima
> ‍

Michael.Calvin.Shi