hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase Applications and their deployments
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 05:42:48 GMT
HBase apps can run on the same cluster, e.g. MapReduce based apps or
externally as Ted mentioned using REST or Thrift. Some others have
developed more "user" friendly interfaces like Apache Phoenix which allow
developers use SQL to interact with HBase.

Also, I don't think there is something that makes applications that use
HBase "special" except the possibility to scale :)

Have you seen http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/PoweredBy or the
presentations from HBaseCon? http://hbasecon.com/archive.html Lars George
and Jon Hsieh's archetypes presentation from HBaseCon 2014 has synthesized
most of the common use cases and its very helpful if you are looking into
how people uses HBase:
http://www.slideshare.net/HBaseCon/case-studies-session-7

Cheers,
Esteban.