hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase row locking
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2014 05:15:17 GMT
What are you trying to prove/observe, Abhishek?
HBase does not hold the row lock while the WAL is sync'ed (see my previous response), so network
settings would have no bearing on how long the row locks are being held.See HBASE-4528. You'd
to go back to an 0.92 release to still observe that effect.

-- Lars

     From: abhishek1015 <abhishek1015@gmail.com>
 To: user@hbase.apache.org
 Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2014 9:39 PM
 Subject: Re: hbase row locking

I set the durability of both tables to SYNC_WAL and changed the network delay
using 'tc' command from .1ms to 20ms to 200ms. I  see throughput to be 1500,
58 and 6 per regionserver respectively for both schema. This was unexpected
as I was certainly hoping to see row locking for wide table case.

Thanks
Abhishek