hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vimal Jain <vkj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema migration in Hbase
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 08:54:09 GMT
There will be around 2 million rows in test1.
Any specific reason for approach #1 being more efficient ?
I thought approach #-2 being efficient as the ruby script will run on same
machine ( I have only one node cluster ) ,so there wont be any network
calls whereas in approach # 1 , i was planning to write java code and
deploy it on different machine so this will involve network calls.
Even if i choose approach # 1 , is there a possibility of doing this via
Jruby script , i mean is it even possible ?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain