hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vimal Jain <vkj...@gmail.com>
Subject Schema migration in Hbase
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 05:24:32 GMT
Hi,
I have a hbase table( say test1) with 3 cfs ( a,b,c) and i have bunch of
cqs in each of these cf.
I also have one more table ( say test2) with some cfs on same cluster.
My requirement is to move data from test1 to test2 through my custom logic
( as in which cf:cq from test1 will go to which cf:cq in test2).
I thought there are ways 2 achieve this.

1) Writing some Java client code to perform "get" on test1 and perform
"put" on test2.
2) Through writing a Jruby script and executing it on hbase shell.

I preferred the 2nd way and started writing the script.
i wrote something like this

for ( all rowkeys in test1)
do
somevariable = get 'test1' , '1' ,'a:abc'
put 'test2' ,'1','a:abc',somevariable
done

But its not working(Sometimes syntax error , sometimes empty value is put
into test2 ) .I am new to Jruby scripting , so please redirect me to any
tutorial/blog which can help me achieve this.

I am using hbase 0.94.17.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain