hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arijit Banerjee <arijit.baner...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem accessing HBase from jobs running from Oozie
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2014 22:21:07 GMT
Hello all,

With reference to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11118.

Mapreduce jobs that programmatically interacts with HBase fails to use
right classes and pulls wrong config resulting in connecting to correct
Zookeeper or throw a protobuf exception. Now this can be solved by setting
HADOOP_CLASSPATH env variable pointing them to right classpath. Now that
workaround does not work while spawning the job from oozie.

We are using CDH5.1.0 with HBase 0.98.1. It seems from HBASE-11118
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11118> that this issue is
fixed as of hbase 0.98.4 . Our application works fine when submitting
directly from commandline after setting the following environment variable
but it fails when spawned via Oozie. We have set the env variable in all
data nodes, hadoop-env.sh for all users but without luck(probably being
overridden somewhere). Wondering if there is any workaround for Hbase
0.98.1 with Oozie 4.0?

export
HADOOP_CLASSPATH=/usr/share/cmf/lib/cdh5/hbase-protocol-0.98.1-cdh5.1.0.jar:/etc/hbase/conf

Regards,
Arijit Banerjee