hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jianshi Huang <jianshi.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject Storing JSON in HBase value cell, which serialization format is most compact?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 05:08:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently saving JSON in pure String format in the value cell and
depends on HBase' block compression to reduce the overhead of JSON.

I'm wondering if there's a more space efficient way to store JSON?
(there're lots of 0s and 1s, JSON String actually is an OK format)

I want to keep the value as a Map since the schema of source data might
change over time.

Also is there a DIFF based encoding for values? Since I'm storing
historical data (snapshot data) and changes between adjacent value cells
are relatively small.

Thanks,
--
Jianshi Huang