hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Programmatic HBase version detection/extraction
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:06:41 GMT
Otis:
You can parse the output from "status 'detailed'" command - look for the
line starting with 'version'

I checked the output from /jmx but didn't find such information there. The
version would appear in the classpath but that's not easy to parse.

One note about "hbase version" is that it returns the version of HBase
client was built with - not the version of the cluster the client is
talking to.

Cheers