hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vineet Mishra <clearmido...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: copy from one cluster to another of different version
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 07:32:24 GMT
Hi Li Li,

You can copy the Hbase Tables Remotely to another machine with the
following commands,

# create new tableOrig on destination cluster
dstCluster$ echo "create 'tableOrig', 'cf1', 'cf2'" | hbase shell
# on source cluster run copy table with destination ZK quorum specified
using --peer.adr
# WARNING: In older versions, you are not alerted about any typo in these
arguments!
srcCluster$ hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.CopyTable --peer.adr=
dstClusterZK:2181:/hbase tableOrig

More information given in the section Remote HBase instance backup at

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/06/online-hbase-backups-with-copytable-2/

Hope that works for you pretty straightforwardly.

Cheers!