hbase-user mailing list archives

From ashish singhi <ashish.sin...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Reg. HBase client API calls in secure cluster (Kerberos)
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 10:24:30 GMT
Hi.

When I get this exception I usually set System.setProperty("java.security.krb5.conf", krbfilepath);
in my client code.
Where krbfilepath is path to krb5.conf file.

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan [mailto:ananthu2050@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 December 2014 15:41
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Reg. HBase client API calls in secure cluster (Kerberos)

Hi,

Thanks for responding back. But I get this error now

Failure to initialize security context [Caused by GSSException: Invalid name provided (Mechanism
level: Could not load configuration file C:\Windows\krb5.ini (The system cannot find the file
specified))]

My problem is very similar to this stackflow question

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21193453/how-to-access-secure-kerberized-hadoop-using-just-java-api

Basically I want to run the examples in this link
http://java.dzone.com/articles/handling-big-data-hbase-part-4 against my secure cluster.

Regards,
Anand

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Srikanth Srungarapu <srikanth235@gmail.com