hbase-user mailing list archives

From kennyut <ken.oy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about HBase versions
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 16:51:39 GMT
I am also working with a very similar project.

I tried two version for time-series data:

1. use "id-timestamp" as rowkey:
    It's good for loading new inputs and also good for search. But bad for
the storage and slow when doing aggregation.

2. use "id" as rowkey and use array string for time and value pairs:
    for example:
    id1,  cf1:time (t1,t2,t3,...,tn),  cf1:value (v1,v2,v3,...,vn)

    It's save lots of storage room and faster/easier when doing aggregation.
But still not sure about data loading/updating. (my data updates every 15
minutes)

The method you mentioned which puts all time and values in the same cell, if
they have the same rowkey. But does hbase keeps unlimited versions?

Just my $0.02. Thanks

Instead of putting values in the same cell for the same key. I