hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (HPIT-GADSC)" <ming.l...@hp.com>
Subject Durability of in-memory column family
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 02:28:17 GMT
Hi, all,

I want to use a column family to save some runtime data, which is small so I set that CF in
memory to increase the performance, and the user data is still save in a normal CF.
My question is: will the data in the in-memory column family get lost, if there is a failure
of regionServer?  Or in other words, is the data in an in-memory CF as safe as in an ordinary
CF? No difference?

I could do test myself, but it needs some time, so I would like to be lazy and ask for help
here :) If someone happened to know the answer, thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Ming