hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jianshi Huang <jianshi.hu...@gmail.com>
Subject setCompactionEnabled(false) seems ignored by HBase (0.98)
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 07:00:58 GMT
Hi,

Firstly, I found it strange that when I added a new split to a table and do
admin.move, it will trigger a MAJOR compaction for the whole table.

So I tried to disable compaction before adding splits,

        admin.getTableDescriptor(tableNameBytes).setCompactionEnabled(false)

However, MAJOR compaction is still triggered, looks like the flag is
ignored by HBase? Do I need to (have to) disable the table first?

Cheers,
--
Jianshi Huang

LinkedIn: jianshi