hbase-user mailing list archives

From Misty Stanley-Jones <mstanleyjo...@cloudera.com>
Subject Feedback request - AsciiDoc Reference Guide POC - HBASE-11533
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 04:14:09 GMT
I just pushed a feature branch for an AsciiDoc POC, called HBASE-11533. See
the JIRA too. Please check it out.

You can do mvn clean pre-site, and look at the docs in target/docs. You
will get a failure but that's nothing to do with this. If you run the
following, you should get no failure, and you should have the Docbook and
Asciidoc docs both built in target/docbkx and target/docs respectively:

mvn clean package javadoc:aggregate site site:stage -DskipTests

Have a look at both the output, and the source in src/main/asciidoc. Let me
know if you'd find that easier to edit than Docbook. Also see the little
cheat sheet I put together in the "Contributing to the Documentation"
appendix near the end. There are some potentially huge advantages for us.
One of them I just found out about today is the ability to include real
source code (in the real files) in code listings. That means we could
ensure that our code samples were tested!! I am super excited about this.

Let me know what you think.