hbase-user mailing list archives

From Calvin Lei <ckp...@gmail.com>
Subject IllegalArgumentException: Connection is null or closed when calling HConnection.getTable()
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:25:15 GMT
Dear all,
   I recently upgrade to HBase 0.0.98 and I have started seeing the error
"Connection is null or closed" when calling HConnection.getTable().
   As recommended by the documentation, I create a HConnection using
HConnectionManager.createConnection(config) and at app start and close the
connection at app shut down. Looks like the state of the cluster has
changed during the lifetime of the app and the HConnection closes out all
connections.
    Do i have to check isClosed() before I call getTable()?