hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wilm Schumacher <wilm.schumac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of Huawei's 2' Indexing?
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:51:34 GMT
damit. Sry for double post. I forgot something.

Am 16.03.2015 um 19:37 schrieb Wilm Schumacher:
> * First ... MacGyver your own index.
>
> That's not that complicate as it sounds. A very easy idea would be the
> update within the CRUD operations on your data. Within a
>
> Put put =  new Put( Bytes.toBytes( id ) );
> put.add( Bytes.toBytes( "firstname" ) , firstname );
> put.add( Bytes.toBytes( "lastname" ) , lastname );
>
> make an additional
> Put indexPut = new Put( Bytes.toBytes( lastname+":"+firstname ) )
> indexPut.add( Bytes.toBytes( id ) , null );

> <put to tables>
Something like 1.b.) You could implement your index on client side, as
above pictured. OR your could go with coprocessors. By this your client
code dosn't have to deal with the index. On every put or delete the
above operations are triggered. This would be make the indexing system
more robust, as the clients couldn't corrupt your index by being killed
or whatever could happen on client side.

Best wishes

Wilm