hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase standalone ZooKeeper error
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2015 20:04:46 GMT
I followed section 2.2 in http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart in
working directory of hbase-1 branch.

Here is my hbase-site.xml :
<configuration>
    <property>
      <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
      <value>file:////Users/tyu/tmp</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir</name>
        <value>/Users/tyu/tmp/zk</value>
    </property>
</configuration>

I then typed 'bin/start-hbase.sh'

jps command shows HMaster process.

bq. zookeeper is never launched by hbase from the output of jps -l.
See the following in item 5 of 2.2:
In standalone mode HBase runs all daemons within this single JVM, i.e. the
HMaster, a single HRegionServer, and the ZooKeeper daemon.

Can you tell us the version of HBase you run with ?
>From io.prediction.data.storage.StorageClientException , it seems you have
your own build.

Cheers