hbase-user mailing list archives

From <Hariharan_Sethura...@Dell.com>
Subject RE: [opendaylight.org #11082] RE: Maven repo: library versions
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 13:49:28 GMT

Hari

From: Sethuraman, Hariharan
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2015 11:26 PM
To: 'helpdesk@opendaylight.org'
Cc: C, Yuling; 'thanh.ha@linuxfoundation.org'; tsdr-dev@lists.opendaylight.org<mailto:tsdr-dev@lists.opendaylight.org>;
Venkataraghavan, C
Subject: RE: [opendaylight.org #11082] RE: Maven repo: library versions

Hi,

I continued with higher hbase version (1.0.1) and hitting the next issue.

java.lang.Exception: Error creating table.
                at org.opendaylight.tsdr.persistence.hbase.HBaseDataStore.createTable(HBaseDataStore.java:171)[303:org.opendaylight.tsdr.persistence-hbase:1.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HBaseConfiguration
                at org.opendaylight.tsdr.persistence.hbase.HBaseDataStore.createTable(HBaseDataStore.java:149)[303:org.opendaylight.tsdr.persistence-hbase:1.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
                ... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration
                at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:455)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.8.2.v20130124-134944.jar:]
                at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.8.2.v20130124-134944.jar:]
                at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.8.2.v20130124-134944.jar:]
                at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.8.2.v20130124-134944.jar:]
                at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)[:1.7.0_75]
                ... 11 more

I have included both hbase-common and hbase-client as dependencies in persistence-hbase/pom.xml.
Is the package org.apache.hbase.hadoop which exists in both hbase-common and hbase-client
libraries is the root cause? Because when the classes from hbase-client is loaded first and
class-loaders probably is disallowing the classes from hbase-common to be loaded into JVM
sandbox!!

Attached the code diff and hbase-common,hbase-client's common package sample screenshot  below.

[cid:image001.png@01D0989F.B411ECC0]

I think normally we could write our own class-loader and handle this situation. I don't know
how to solve in karaf(osgi) environment. Please shed some light.

Thanks,
Hari
P.S: I tried to change the dependency/feature orders in pom.xml, feature.xml and seeing no
change from the above behavior.

<Snipped>