hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Right value for hbase.rpc.timeout
Date Mon, 04 May 2015 19:01:57 GMT
Why do you have regions that large? The 0.92 default was 1G (admittedly, that was much too
small), the 0.98 default is 10G, which should be good in most cases.Mappers divide their work
based on regions, so very large region lead to more uneven execution time, unless you truly
have a a very large amount of data.Compactions are in units of regions, etc.

Can I ask how much data you have overall (i.e. how many of these 75G regions you have)?

Thanks.

-- Lars
      From: Dejan Menges <dejan.menges@gmail.com>
 To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 1:31 AM
 Subject: Re: Right value for hbase.rpc.timeout

Hi Ted,

Max filesize for region is set to 75G in our case. Regarding split policy
we use most likely ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy
<http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy.html>
(it's
0.98.0 with bunch of patches and that should be default one).

Also, regarding link you sent me in 98.3 - I can not find anywhere what's
default value for hbase.regionserver.lease.period? Is this parameter still
called like this?