hbase-user mailing list archives

From "charlse_Li"<charlse...@126.com>
Subject some question about hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 07:31:30 GMT
Dear all,
In the hbase-default.xml, description about hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size is following:
Memstore will be flushed to disk if size of the memstore exceeds this number of bytes. Value
is checked by a thread that runs every hbase.server.thread.wakefrequency. However, in the
source code of HRegion, I found that compare happened between the value of that parameter
and the all MemStore size of the region, so the hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size uses for
a region not  a memstore, is it right? And whether the thread running every hbase.server.thread.wakefrequency
is PeriodicMemstoreFlusher, if it is, there is no code checking the size of memstore in its
chore() method. If i am wrong, could someone tell me the correctness, the relevant source
code is better.

Regards
2015-05-05

charlse_Li