hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arun Patel <arunp.bigd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regions and Rowkeys
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 12:48:39 GMT
Thank you.  This helps.

So, when I pre-split regions with below command, SPLITALGO is creating the
rowkey boundaries for each region?

create 't1', 'f1', {NUMREGIONS => 15, SPLITALGO => 'HexStringSplit'}

I am failing to understand HexStringSplit.  As per documentation,The format
of a HexStringSplit region boundary is the ASCII representation of an MD5
checksum, or any other uniformly distributed hexadecimal value.

My Question is MD5 Checksum of what?

Regards,
Arun