hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase vs Cassandra
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 00:47:39 GMT
HBase can very well be a standalone database, but we are debating semantics not technology
I suspect. HBase uses some Hadoop ecosystem technologies but is absolutely a first class data
store. I need to look no further than my employer for an example of a rather large production
deploy of HBase* as a (internal) service, a high scale data storage platform.

* - Strictly speaking HBase accessed with Apache Phoenix's JDBC driver.

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 10:32 AM, Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> The point is that HBase is part of the Hadoop ecosystem. Not a stand alone database like
Cassandra.