hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In Windows, cannot capture HBase prompt('hbase(main):001:0>') from neither standard output nor standard error using process API
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 22:23:31 GMT
dev to bcc

Hi Dinesh,

I'm not sure what you mean by "process API". Are you launching the hbase
shell as an external process? Would be better to use an HBase client. We
have a nice one in Java. We also have REST and Thrift gateways, which are
launched as separate processes. There's also Apache Phoenix, which will
give you JDBC access to HBase, though again, it's Java only at this point.
Maybe one of these will work for you?

Good luck,
-n

http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/package-summary.html#package_description