hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dave Latham <lat...@davelink.net>
Subject Re: hbase timerange scan
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 16:21:35 GMT
Don't think that's correct.  If you look at
StoreFileScanner.shouldUseScanner you can see that it will skip entire
store files if the time range for a scan does not intersect with the time
range of data in the store file.  However, without tiered compaction there
is nothing built in to optimize grouping of data into store files by time
range for efficiency in time range scans.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 7:57 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org