hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Type of filter to use
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 11:03:23 GMT
Hi Rajesh,

To begin with I would suggest you to rethink about your key design. If you
are getting a lot of data(which I assume you do) then this type of keys
could lead you to region hotspotting
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-11682>.

Coming back to your original question you could also use row filter with
substring comparator.

[image: http://]
Tariq, Mohammad
about.me/mti