hbase-user mailing list archives

From jackwang <wangjiajie...@gmail.com>
Subject why Hbase only split regions in one RegionServer
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 23:43:45 GMT
I was writing 300GiB data to my Hbase table user_info, the table I created by
default having only one region. When the writing was going I saw one region
became two regions and more late on it became 8 regions. But my confusion is
that the 8 regions were kept in the same RegionServer.

Why Hbase didn't split the regions to different RegionServer. btw, I had 10
physical RegionsServers in my Hbase cluster, and the region size I set is
20GiB, Thanks!