hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Access cell tags from HBase shell
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 16:13:23 GMT
Hi Benedict

As super user you should be able to get back the tags as ordinals and make
sure you set the codec KeyValueCodecWithTags.
But I am not sure if it is possible to do it from the hBase shell. Can you
try from a java client ?

I did not do the hands on of late on this but I can do it if you face any
difficulties and revert back if needed.

Regards
Ram

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 8:19 PM, <benedict.whittamsmith@thomsonreuters.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anoop,
>
> Can I still get the labels back (as ordinals, as a super user, and using
> the KeyValueCodecWithTags codec) using the HBase shell?
>
> If so, what are the steps I need to take (i.e. doesn't seem to be working
> for me, but then I've likely made a mistake setting the codec).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

from the HBase