hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Reddy <sandeepvre...@outlook.com>
Subject Very High CPU usage in RegionServer
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 06:06:29 GMT
Hi,

We are observing very high CPU load(400 to 600%) in one of our RegionServer to the point where
the machine is becoming unresponsive.

At this point the whole cluster of 20+ RegionServers becoming unresponsive.

Before cluster becomes unresponsive we observed following symptoms:

  *   Huge bandwidth spike
  *   CPU spikes vertically form normal load to very high usage only in one RegionServer
  *   Few times even though machine is unresponsive, it sending heartbeats to master
  *   There is no spike in number of requests to HBase
  *   We are observed this pattern at least twice is last week
  *   We don't have any co-processors in any of the region servers

What could be the possible reasons for this kind of behaviour.

We are using hbase-0.98.7, hadoop-2.5.1 versions.
Its production cluster so upgrading to latest version will not be possible right away.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Thanks,
Sandeep.