hbase-user mailing list archives

From Baichuan YANG <ybca...@gmail.com>
Subject some questions about hbase pre-split
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 22:59:00 GMT
Hi all,

Currently I am working on a data simulation project on which I need to
store huge amount of data into one HBase table. I plan to pre-split the
regions and disable auto-split, and here are my concerns;
1. Assume that originally I pre-split the table into 1000 regions. In the
future if we need to split the table to 2000 regions or more, how to
archive that (or just tell me what is the hbase shell command or Java APIs)?
2. If I re-split the table as I describe above, how HBase deal with the
data that have been already saved into table? Will HBase automatically
redistribute the data? Or I have to reload the data again?

Regards,
BC Y