hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can a compaction storm occur in hbase 1.0
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 15:47:13 GMT
The default configuration is (likely) only using one thread for
performing compactions (really, one thread for small and one thread for
big compactions). As such, yes, compactions in one RegionServer would be
performed serially.

But, don't forget, you probably have multiple RegionServers which all
host regions.

meirav.malka wrote:
> Hi,
> As far as I understand, a compaction storm occurs when multiple regions of the same region
server perform compaction.
> It looks like,  from watching hbase UI that within a region server, compaction is done
serially for a specific table.(one region at a time)