hbase-user mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setup two hbase instances on Mac?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 23:03:35 GMT
Actually I don't have a good reason of 'not use container', except that I
already have homebrew install hadoop and hbase on my laptop, hence like to
just keep using it.

Thanks for the instruction through the blog. A quick question to clarify:
 the blog is for multi-node cluster, instead of setting up two clusters on
the same machine? If I follow the instruction, which step should I revise?

At this moment, I don't need the management/monitoring features from CDH,
and no need to install other components yet. Hence, looking for a simpler
way. I hope(maybe unrealistic) that I can get just a 2nd set for
configuration files, such as hbase-site.xml, hbase-env, etcs, then I will
be able to run two isolated(not resource wise) hbase instances.

Again, thanks a lot for the tip. I may give it a try if simple
configuration change not available.

Demai

Demai