hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase Locality/table balancing
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 07:29:41 GMT
There is one config  "hbase.master.loadbalance.bytable"  using which
user can say whether the balancing has to be done per table or
globally balance.  I believe u r using StochasticLoadBalancer only
which is the default.

The move calls are affecting ur locality?

-Anoop-

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:05 AM, Pradheep Shanmugam
<Pradheep.Shanmugam@infor.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Hbase(1.1.2) cluster with 8 region servers in AWS..I bring down the cluster
everyday and bring it up again next day.

> Every day the locality keeps decreasing(95, 80, 70) and does not go up even after doing
major compaction of all the tables. Why is it so?
> Also the regions of a particular table are not gettting equally distrubuted after the
cluster is up..I have to run the hbase move commands to move the table regions around..but
the locality does not go up even after this..