hbase-user mailing list archives

From Steve Howard <stevedhow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow HBase write across data center
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 18:27:43 GMT
2 seconds for 100 puts that aggregate 50mb is 20 milliseconds per put.  Out
of curiosity, how are you measuring the time taken for both HBase and the
network latency?  How many sessions are doing the PUT's?  How far away is
the other DC?  Are the HBase connections persistent, or are you doing the
full connection setup for each PUT?

What do you see if you write a simple socket server in the other DC and
send it a 500kb payload (no HBase) in a loop of 100?