hbase-user mailing list archives

From A D <ask...@live.com>
Subject Re: How to do rolling upgrade of a hadoop cluster with hbase?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:11:53 GMT
I strongly recommend following
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.5/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsRollingUpgrade.html

for rolling upgrade.

HBase is no different when it comes to rolling upgrade. There is no
special command that you need to execute. Below are the steps that I
would follow:

1. Upgrade the HDFS:

Once HDFS upgrade is complete:

2. Upgrade ResourceManager nodes (one at a time).
3. Upgrade NodeManagers(one at a time).

Follow step 2 and 3 for HBase master and RegionServers. I would wait for
RIT to settle after shutting down a region server.

Please refer to product documentation in case you are using a particular
distribution (Cloudera, MapR or Hortonworks).

--
Thank you,
A.D