hbase-user mailing list archives

From Esteban Gutierrez <este...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Regionservers consuming too much ram in HDP 2.6.
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:10:07 GMT
Hi Lalit,

I don't think there shouldn't be any concern for you about RAM used by the
JVM as long as it stays around the heap size + few 100s of MBs for stack
and DM as Ram mentioned. Even if there is no activity on HBase (no puts, no
reads) objects will be created and destroyed from time to time and the JVM
will be touching RAM pages during this process and  the OS will be marking
those memory pages as used even if they have been GC'd by the JVM. As long
as you don't see OOMEs in the JVM or running low of available memory in the
JVM there is no issue.

thanks,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:43 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan <