hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alex Loffler <a...@loffler.org>
Subject HBase increment of a specific cell version
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 22:07:17 GMT
Hi Folks,

I am using the HBase’s timestamp/version concept to track aggregates/counts for time periods/spans.

The put function allows me to update a specific version, ie. put(rk).addColumn(cf, column,
version, value)

But I can’t find a way of incrementing a specific version ie. increment(rk).addColumn(cf,
column, version, value) doesn’t exist.

I can only find increment(rk).addColumn(cf, column, value) which exhibits the default behaviour
of taking the latest version of the cell, incrementing it’s value and updating the timestamp/version
with current-timestamp-millis.

What I’d really like is an increment to the value in the specified cell/version without
the version update.

Am I missing something, is this not possible for some reason in not getting, or would it be
a good feature request?

Thanks again for a fantastic platform!
-Alex.