hbase-user mailing list archives

From Subash Kunjupillai <subas...@ericsson.com>
Subject RE: Hbase Snapshot Export Data storage
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 03:57:16 GMT
Hi,

I was just trying to understand on what basis this best practice is advised
to run major compaction immediately after restoring snapshot?

Because in our system, we have a scheduled Major Compaction which runs every
day for this table. If new data is going to fall in /hbase/data in the
destination cluster, at the end of the day scheduled major compaction can
move the data brought in with snapshot from /hbase/archive to /hbase/data
and compact new data loaded on that particular day.

Please let me know how immediate major compaction is going to benefit the
cluster?

Regards,
Subash Kunjupillai

--