hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scan Sequence
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2018 15:49:07 GMT
bq. need region2 to search fist, because it has my own index.

Looks like only some of the regions have your index. Can you tell us more
about the characteristics of the region(s) where index would be present.

bq. My scan will be blocked for my lock on region1,

By 'my' I assume the lock is placed by your (application) code. Since hbase
wouldn't know that a subsequent region has index (or suggestion) on what to
scan.
Can you give us more detail ?

Thanks