hbase-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Huaxiang Sun <h...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: CorruptedSnapshotException Taking Snapshot Of Table With Large Number Of Files
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 17:38:07 GMT
Mostly it is due to HBASE-15430 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-15430>,
“snapshot.manifest.size.limit” needs to be configured as 64MB or 128MB.

Regards,

Huaxiang Sun


> On Mar 19, 2018, at 10:16 AM, Saad Mufti <saad.mufti@gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
> We are running on HBase 1.4.0 on an AWS EMR/HBase cluster.
> 
> We have started seeing the following stacktrace when trying to take a
> snapshot of a table with a very large number of files (12000 regions and
> roughly 360000 - 400000 files). The number of files should go down as we
> haven't been compacting for a while for other operational reasons and are
> now running it. But I'd to understand why our snapshots are failing with
> the following:
> 
> 2018-03-19 16:05:56,948 ERROR
>> [MASTER_TABLE_OPERATIONS-ip-10-194-208-6:16000-0]
>> snapshot.TakeSnapshotHandler: Failed taking snapshot {
>> ss=pgs-device.03-19-2018-15 table=pgs-device type=SKIPFLUSH } due to
>> exception:unable to parse data manifest Protocol message was too large.  May
>> be malicious.  Use CodedInputStream.setSizeLimit() to increase the size
>> limit.
>> 
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.CorruptedSnapshotException: unable to
>> parse data manifest Protocol message was too large.  May be malicious.  Use
>> CodedInputStream.setSizeLimit() to increase the size limit.
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifest.readDataManifest(SnapshotManifest.java:468)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifest.load(SnapshotManifest.java:297)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifest.open(SnapshotManifest.java:129)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.snapshot.MasterSnapshotVerifier.verifySnapshot(MasterSnapshotVerifier.java:108)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.snapshot.TakeSnapshotHandler.process(TakeSnapshotHandler.java:203)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:129)
>> 
>>        at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
>> 
>>        at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
>> 
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>> 
>> Caused by: com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException: Protocol
>> message was too large.  May be malicious.  Use
>> CodedInputStream.setSizeLimit() to increase the size limit.
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException.sizeLimitExceeded(InvalidProtocolBufferException.java:110)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.refillBuffer(CodedInputStream.java:755)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readRawBytes(CodedInputStream.java:811)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readBytes(CodedInputStream.java:329)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$StoreFile.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:1313)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$StoreFile.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:1263)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$StoreFile$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:1364)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$StoreFile$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:1359)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readMessage(CodedInputStream.java:309)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$FamilyFiles.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:2161)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$FamilyFiles.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:2103)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$FamilyFiles$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:2197)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$FamilyFiles$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:2192)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readMessage(CodedInputStream.java:309)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:1165)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:1094)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:1201)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotRegionManifest$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:1196)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.CodedInputStream.readMessage(CodedInputStream.java:309)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotDataManifest.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:3858)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotDataManifest.<init>(SnapshotProtos.java:3792)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotDataManifest$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:3894)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotDataManifest$1.parsePartialFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:3889)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.AbstractParser.parseFrom(AbstractParser.java:89)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.AbstractParser.parseFrom(AbstractParser.java:95)
>> 
>>        at
>> com.google.protobuf.AbstractParser.parseFrom(AbstractParser.java:49)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.SnapshotProtos$SnapshotDataManifest.parseFrom(SnapshotProtos.java:4115)
>> 
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.SnapshotManifest.readDataManifest(SnapshotManifest.java:464)
>> 
>> :
>> 
>>        ... 8 more
>> 
>> 
> Thanks.
> 
> ----
> Saad


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message