hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Understanding log message
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2018 01:28:37 GMT
There was an HBase RPC connection from a client at the host (identified
by the IP:port you redacted). IIRC, the "read count=-1" is essentially
saying that the server tried to read from the socket and read no data
which means that the client has hung up. There were 33 other outstanding
HBase RPC connections after this connection was closed.

It has nothing to do with ZooKeeper.

On 3/9/18 4:19 PM, A D wrote:
> All,
>
> I am trying to understand the below message that I see in RS logs:
>
> DEBUG org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer: RpcServer.listener,port=16020: DISCONNECTING
client x.x.x.x:xxxxx because read count=-1. Number of active connections: 33