hbase-user mailing list archives

From Saad Mufti <saad.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject Should Taking A Snapshot Work Even If Balancer Is Moving A Few Regions Around?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 03:00:39 GMT
Hi,

We are using HBase 1.4.0 on AWS EMR based Hbase. Since snapshots are in S3,
they take much longer than when using local disk. We have a cron script to
take regular snapshots as backup, and they fail quite often on our largest
table which takes close to an hour to complete the snapshot.

The only thing I have noticed in the errors usually is a message about the
region moving or closing.

So my question is whether taking a snapshot is supposed to work even with
regions being moved around. In our case it is usually only a couple here
and there.

Thanks.

----
Saad