hbase-user mailing list archives

From Saad Mufti <saad.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject Balance Regions Faster
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 00:18:29 GMT
Hi,

We are using the stochastic load balancer, and have tuned it to do a
maximum of 1% of regions in any calculation. But it is way too conservative
after that, it moves one region at a time. Is there a way to tell it to go
faster with whatever number of regions it decided to do? I have been
looking at the settings in the code but so far a little confused about
which exact setting will achieve this. Is it one of the steps settings?

Also our cluster was in bad shape for a while as a bunch of region servers
aborted for different reasons. When we stopped everything and brought it
back up and enabled the tables, most of the region servers were assigned no
regions. Is it for locality reasons that HBase is trying to assign regions
where they were assigned before? Is there a way to tell HBase to ignore
that on startup?

Thanks.

----
Saad