hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jerry He <jerry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filtering in HBase Audit Logs
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2018 04:19:36 GMT
Some people probably can share more lights. I recall no hbase built-in
construct to limit or filter the Audit logs, and I agree it can be very
verbose depending on the access operations.

We can propose two approaches to access and fix the issues.

1  Some low hanging cleanup and simplification of the logging messages, to
cleanup duplicate/redundant information that is being outputted.
I am sure there some cleanup/consolidation that can be done.

2. Define a framework to define the construct to saperate and limit the
scope and levels of audit logging, which can be set and turn on and off.

We can open JIRAs to tackle the raised approaches.

Thanks.

Jerry