hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASYNC_WAL and visibility
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2018 02:42:58 GMT
>can it affect visibility in any way? Does it
still follow the principle "When a client receives a "success" response for
any mutation, that mutation is immediately visible to both that client and
any client with whom it later communicates through side channels" ?

No it wont affect the mentioned way of visibility to readers

>is data loss possible in any situation other than region
failure?

There MIGHT be data loss when the server crashes (Region closed in a
non graceful way)

-Anoop-