hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Gupta <Nitin.Gu...@e-zest.in>
Subject RE: Integrating Hbase with Solr
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 06:27:05 GMT
More insights on this.

The opensource hbase indexer has upgraded itself to use the Solr 6.3.0 version . However it
refers to an older version of Kitesdk. This version of kitesdk supports Solr 4.4.x version.

There is a new version of kitesdk available on git which has upgraded itself to support solr
6.3.0 version. This version is however not available on maven.

I checked out the code from git , did a local build and deployed to my local maven repository.
Changed the version in Hbase Indexer pom to use this version. But it still results in compile
time errors since HbaseIndexer is using some files from the older version of Kitesdk which
are not available now.

Will have to make changes to the HbaseIndexer code to use the latest version of Kitesdk to
make it run .

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Gupta

-----Original Message-----
From: Nitin Gupta [mailto:Nitin.Gupta@e-zest.in]
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2018 7:53 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integrating Hbase with Solr

Hi Jean,

Yes I tried integration using the content available on Internet. Since we are not using Cloudera
I wanted to use the open source version of lily update indexer. We want to use it AWS EMR.

The source available for lily update indexer on git has reference to older version of kite-
morphline jar which was referring to Solr 4.4 and hence giving problem.

On changing this it looks to work. Still evaluating

Thanks for your mail!

Sent from my iPhone