hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mike Thomsen <mikerthom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AntsDB is released with MySQL compatibility for HBase
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 16:38:51 GMT
That's my understanding as well, and why so many projects choose ASL or
BSD/MIT now. I am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that you also
cannot change the license to ASL now, even if you remove all of the GPL'd
code, without getting written permission from every contributor to the code
base.

The good part is that your clients won't have to worry about GPL
contamination as long as they can load a driver like Connector/J at
runtime. So it's not a show stopper from trying out AntsDB.