hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Separate Git Repository for HBCK2
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2018 18:11:08 GMT
Thanks, Umesh. Seems like you're saying it's not a problem now, but
you're not sure if it would become a problem. Regardless of that, it's a
goal to not be version-specific (and thus, we can have generic hbck-v1
and hbck-v2 tools). LMK if I misread, please :)

One more thought, it would be nice to name this repository as
"operator-tools" or similar (instead of hbck). A separate repo on its
own release cadence is a nice vehicle for random sorts of recovery,
slice-and-dice, one-off tools. I think HBCK is one example of
administrator/operator tooling we provide (certainly, the most used),
but we have the capacity to provide more than just that.