hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zach York <zyork.contribut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Dropping the Source HBase Table Affect Its Snapshots and Cloned Tables from Snapshots?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2018 04:26:29 GMT
Anil is right. Dropping/modifying source tables should not affect
snapshots/cloned tables. If a source table is dropped, HBase will retain
the HFiles referenced by the snapshot in the archive directory. Any HFile
referred to by a table or snapshot will not be deleted by the
HFileCleaner. Only when that snapshot/cloned table is deleted/dropped will
the HFiles be eligible for deletion.