hbase-user mailing list archives

From Wellington Chevreuil <wellington.chevre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase top activity
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 12:36:15 GMT
I don't think it is possible to track individual scans resources usage,
current available JMX metrics are an aggregation of all request types
(scanNext, append, get, delete) per regions level at individual RSes, and
these are basically counts on the number of those requests. Resources usage
are measured at RS process level, so that also adds a challenge to account
those for individual scans. Sure, you could break those down by looking at
each thread usage with some monitoring tool such as VisualVM, but then you
would still need to map each RPC handler to an specific scan, and depending
on how large the result, a single scan would be addressed by different
handlers every time it calls "next" fetch another batch of results it's
iterating through.